Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Entertaining: Garden party

A couple of weeks ago, I had a dinner party before the end of summer. Every year, this has become a tradition to invite all my friends for dinner to indulge on all the dishes cooked from my garden. Unfortunately, this summer I was super busy almost every weekend. My dinner party was pushed all the way to the end of the summer. 
It was hard to be a photographer and a host at the same time. Other than the main dinner, I couldn't photograph the rest of the party(not a good blogger).

Almost all of these dishes were prepared using ingredients from my kitchen garden harvest



Chutneys are quintessential to South Indian cuisine. I like to serve different pickles and chutneys prepared from my garden harvest at my garden parties.






For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes),please check out my books, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen and Trader Joe's Simply Indian at my website komalinunna.com.

2 comments:

  1. what a lovely/magical/incredible gathering! i would love to do what you do! would you happen to cruise around towards los angeles area and teach a cooking lesson/demo?...xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice to see ethnic Andhra cuisine at home ,that too with home grown vegitables and fruits. Congrats

    ReplyDelete